Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blast of colour on a drear Maine day!





On this day of mists (it really is misty out there) and mellow fruitfulness (our neighbour, Tom, did indeed just bring us a pumpkin he had grown) as I look out the window at the occasional dredging downpours from Kyle, is he a tropical storm or a hurricane...THEY haven't decided yet, I felt I needed an eyeball awakening BLAST OF COLOUR! So I put together some pots of paint I am using at the moment, and a few design layouts I have done as small acrylic paintings, to jolly myself along amidst the sogginess of a house with three damp dogs, sticky floors and steamy windows. Here are the photographic results. Hope it's drier where you are! Anyone for tea?

2 comments:

Acornmoon said...

put the kettle on, I'll be over in a tick, or should I say a click?

Lovely, cheery colours no doubt inspired by your days in Manchester. You need a bit of Fauvism in your life when skies are grey.

HAWTHORN HALL said...

Wonderful colours and a brilliant display they all make together! Sounds like a great way to spend a Fall day.

Gillian