Friday, May 22, 2009

Awwwww...look what I found!


We have a live Christmas tree near our house, his name is Nigel...a Robin couple have decided to make a lovely home in Nigel's branches...the nest is so beautifully constructed but it worries me that it is actually lower than my eye level, I don't think our cat, Harry, will be able to make it up to the nest as the needles are REALLY sharp but we do have racoons about and they can be mean......there are two bright blue eggs in there.....

...and here is Mum or Dad keeping those little eggs warm...as you can plainly see there are the Christmas lights too! I'm hoping to be able to get pics when the chicks are 'born' but I also don't want to frighten the parents getting too close with my camera. Good luck Robins!!

1 comment:

HAWTHORN HALL said...

Robins are my favourite bird and I think they have the most beautifully coloured eggs. What a treat to find such a perfect nest to watch over!

Gillian